Information Collection, Retention and Use
Content Submitted via Twitter or Email
We collect and retain different Content depending on whether you submit the Content via email or Twitter.
- Submission via Twitter. If you submit Content to Taxihack through Twitter (via a Tweet) Twitter first receives your Tweet and then forwards it along with other information to Taxihack. As a rule, we collect and retain all of the Content Twitter sends to us regarding each Tweet and the Twitter account associated with that Tweet. Currently, Twitter sends Taxihack the following Content about each Tweet: the Tweeter’s Twitter ID, the text of the Tweet, the Tweeter’s location at the time he or she sent the Tweet, the source of the Tweet (e.g. sent from Twitter.com, and iPhone application etc), the date and time the Tweeter created the Tweet at Twitter, whether or not the Tweet exceeded Twitter’s 140 character limit (and therefore was cut off) and if the Tweeter update the Tweet the date and time of the update. We also note in our database the date and time we saved each Tweet in our database. With respect to an individuals Tweeter’s account, Tweeter currently sends to us and we collect and retain the following Content: the Tweeter’s Twitter ID, the text the Tweeter currently has on display at Twitter, the Tweeter’s location as noted in his or her Twitter profile, the Tweeter’s full name and screen name, the time zone where the Tweeter is based, various design settings that the Tweeter has selected for his or her Twitter profile, the number of friends, favorites and followers the Tweeter has (but not the names), and the tweeter’s personal url. Because we collect and retain whatever Content Twitter sends to us keep in mind that the Content that we collect and retain may change if Twitter begins sending us different information.
- Submission via Email. If you submit Content via an email directly to Taxihack we collect and retain the following information about you as the emailer and about the email: your email address, the first time we receive an email from that email address, who the email was sent to and copied to, the subject line of the email, the text of the body of the email, the time you sent the email, and any updates to your email address or to the email itself. We also note in our database the date and time we saved each email in our database.
- Log Data. Our servers automatically record information ("Log Data") created by your use of the Services. Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, the referring domain, pages visited, and search terms. Other actions, such as interactions with advertisements, may also be included in Log Data
- Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Info Collected Using Technology. Taxihack currently uses cookie and web beacon technology to associate certain Internet-related information about you with Content that you have submitted and Content about you in the Taxihack database. Additionally, Taxihack may use other new and evolving sources of information in the future.
- Web Beacons. A web beacon is a programming code that can be used to display an image on a web page, but can also be used to transfer your unique user identification to a database and associate you with previously acquired information about an individual in a database. This allows Taxihack to track certain websites you visit. Web beacons are used to track online behavioral habits for marketing purposes to determine products or services you may be interested in. In addition to using web beacons on web pages, Taxihack also uses web beacons in email messages sent to individuals listed in Taxihack's database.
- IP Addresses. Taxihack automatically tracks certain information based upon your behavior on the Taxihack Site. We may use this information to do internal research on our users' demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our community. This information may include the URL that you just came from, which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the site or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address. Your Internet Protocol ("IP") is a unique Internet "address" which is assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider. For local area network, DSL, or cable modem users, an IP address may be permanently assigned to a particular computer. IP addresses are automatically logged by Web servers, collecting information about a user's traffic patterns. While the IP address does not identify an individual by name, it may, with the cooperation of the ISP, be used to locate and identify an individual using the Web. Your IP address can, however, reveal what geographic area you are connecting from, or which ISP you are using. Finally, other websites you visit have IP addresses, and we may collect the IP addresses of those websites and their pages.
- New Technology. The use of technology on the Internet, including cookies and web beacons, is rapidly developing. As a result, Taxihack strongly encourages individuals to revisit this policy for any updates regarding its use of new technology.
Use of the Content You Submit
- General Use. The following paragraphs in Section 2 describe how Taxihack currently uses your Content whether such Content is submitted by email or through Twitter. As noted below, Taxihack may update this policy from time to time and may change or broaden its use of the Content at any time.
- Display on Taxihack Site. We currently display certain Content on the Taxihack Site. If you submit Content via Twitter we display your Twitter nickname, the text of your Tweet, the time and date of the Tweet, and the total number of Taxihack Tweets to date. If you submit Content via email, we will display the following on the Taxihack Site: the contents of your email, a random emailer number that we assign to you in our database and associate with your email address (“Emailer Number”), the time and date of the email, and the total number of Taxihack emails you have sent to date. We will not display your actual email address on the Taxihack Site and instead will substitute the Email Number for that address when displaying the Content of your email on the Taxihack Site unless you include your email in the body of the message.
- Targeted Advertising. Taxihack may use Content submitted to Taxihack to target advertising to an individual. When an individual is using the Internet, Taxihack may use certain technology to associate an individual with that person's Content, and to attempt to show that person advertising for products and services in which the person may have an interest.
Information Disclosure and Sharing
- Complying with Legal Process. Taxihack will use or disclose your Content if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with a law, regulation or legal request (e.g. in response to subpoenas, court orders, warrants, or legal process); (ii) protect Taxihack’s rights or property; (iii) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud, security or other technical matters; and (iv) protect to protect the safety of any person.
- Non-Private or Non-Personal Content. We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal Content, such as the Content in your Tweets or emails or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did).
Storage of Individual Information
Taxihack stores Content in a database on its' computers. Our computers have security measures (such as a firewall and password protection) in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under Taxihack's control. Notwithstanding such measures, Taxihack cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent its computers from being illegally accessed, and the Content on them stolen or altered.
No Information Collected from Children
Taxihack will never knowingly collect any personal information or other Content about children under the age of 18. If Taxihack obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personal information about a child under the age of 18, that information will be immediately deleted from its database. Because it does not collect such information, Taxihack has no such information to use or to disclose to third parties. Taxihack has designed this policy in order to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
Changes to this Policy
If you have questions about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.